Click to see my photos on flickr!

Discovering the beauty of classic B&W film

After years of using mostly color negative film (Fuji, Konica, Kodak) I decided I needed a change. And I wanted to do my own enlargements. So true classic B&W film was the way to go. I loaded my Bessa with Fomapan 400 and went out...

Althought it took me about 2 weeks to get throught the 38 or so frames, it was worth the wait. I then had it developed by a local guy who does developing of classic B&W (I'm not ready to do the developing myself yet - too frightened I might mess it up).

And here are some pics from that film...

taken with Bessa R + Skopar 35/2.5

A wagabond staring at the wall... the wall behind is a memorial of a synagogue that used to stand there. It was demolished during the communist era to make place for a bridge across the Danube. In fact a large part of the historic centre was demolished.

taken with Bessa R + Skopar 35/2.5

taken with Bessa R + Skopar 35/2.5

taken with Bessa R + Skopar 35/2.5

taken with Bessa R + Skopar 35/2.5

taken with Bessa R + Skopar 35/2.5

taken with Bessa R + Skopar 35/2.5

taken with Bessa R + Skopar 35/2.5

I used 2 lenses for this roll: Voigtlander Skopar 35mm f/2.5 "Classic" and a Jupiter-8 50mm f/2, but as you can see - most of the good "street shots" were taken with the Skopar. The following photo is a portrait of my grandfather taken with Jupiter-8 50mm f/2.

taken with Bessa R + Jupiter-8 50/2 @ f/2.5

What you can see here are just scans from the negs. I still have to find some time to lock in the darkroom and make some prints... but I already can't wait to do it...